ABOUT CAMERON COSGROVE
Enterprise technology leadership, transformation, helping IT shops run & deliver better with metrics is my fractional Chief Technology Officer (CTO) service offering
Fractional Chief Technology Officer Service offering by an Executive leader with 30 years of technology experience in infrastructure, IT operations and software development with Fortune 500 companies.
CIO, CTO, VP IT, VP Application Development and VP Infrastructure, IT Consultant
Cameron Cosgrove is a senior IT executive and trusted CIO advisor in Southern California. His primary areas of concentration are transformational leadership, digital strategy, IT infrastructure, SDLC software development using SCRUM, DevOps or waterfall, service management and operational optimization.
With more than 30 years of experience in Fortune 500 enterprises, Mr. Cosgrove has transformed IT organizations to improve product delivery, reduce defects and cost. Streamlining time to market with DevOps approach to software development and automated deployments to on-premise and AWS, Azure Cloud infrastructure.
He consistently delivered critical business programs and established higher standards for architecture, security, IT productivity metrics and customer service.
Expert skills in:
- Establishing and operating a PMO to led delivery and define programs,
- Stakeholder alignment and strategic planning
- Software Development Life Cycles (DevOps, Agile and Water Fall)
- Infrastructure operations
- IT Service Management and Service Desk
- Technology/business road mapping
- Cost alignment, Infrastruture operational effectivness and efficiency
- Leading technical teams, operations and projects.
- Fixing dysfunctional teams is a speciality.
- Fixing software and infrastructure quality problems
- ERP Implementations
- IT organizational assessments
Mr. Cosgrove has over 30 years expereience with Fortune 500 organizations. 6 years with First American Title in Santa Ana, CA, and over 25 years at Pacific Life Insurance Co, Newport Beach, CA.
At First American he served as Vice President of Corporate Strategic Application Development (2012 – 2015 and Vice President/CTO of Infrastructure (2009 – 20012).
- At First American he was head of Enterprise application development, performance and support for all First American Title applications, enterprise financial systems, business intelligence and data warehouse, as well as enterprise financial and operational reporting. He led enterprise software standards, architecture and roadmaps. He led dozens of projects to success including the ERP upgrade to Oracle R12, implementation of OBIEE for enterprise BI. Over 600 IT professionals in the US and India reported to Mr. Cosgrove.
- As CTO/VP, Infrastructure, Mr. Cosgrove built the First American Title enterprise infrastructure and restructured operational teams from scratch after company spin off (from Core Logic) with all new ITILv3 processes and service management using ServiceNow, Network Ops Center and Security Ops Center. Reduced software license costs by over $2 million annually by establishing centralized IT Procurement team and processes. Sample, large scale infrastructure implementations:
- Cisco network, 10,000 VoIP and 500 agent Call Center with call recording (CUCM 10.x, UCCE 10.5, Callabrio)
- Over 7,000 virtual servers using VSphere 5 on premise data center and in Azure using hyper-V
- Over 5 PB of SAN, NAS storage using EMC VMAX, VNX, and XtremIO. Data protection using NetWorker, Avamar and Data Domain
- MS Exchange, Lync & SharePoint Server 2010, SCOM, BlueCat DNS, F5 load balancers, Cisco firewalls
- Deployed 20,000 Windows 7 desktops, 5000 mobile devices with airwatch, and managed 900 node WAN
- SSAE 16 Data Center certification
Prior to joining First American, Mr. Cosgrove spent 26 years in IT at Pacific Life Insurance Company where he developed many innovative technology business solutions for winning new Producers/customers, bring product to market faster, Industry leading sales proposal software and award winning e-commerce platform. Mr. Cosgrove led IT for the flagship Life Insurance Division as the CIO for 10 years during its most successful growth years; and established long standing IT best practices in the Application development, support/service delivery, governance and infrastructure operations.
Mr. Cosgrove earned a bachelor’s degree in Management from California State University, Long Beach. He has an Advanced Negotiation Skills certificate from the University of Southern California and has completed the Center for Creative Leadership Program: Developing the Strategic Leaders.
Former Tresasurer and Board Member, Society of Information Managers (SIM), SoCal Chapter.
Areas of Deep Experience
- Technology leadership to lead change, transform technology, processes and large teams
- Digital strategy development with business and IT alignment
- Technical program and project management and delivery
- Software development for Web and Mobile platforms with .NET and open source stacks
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Enterprise reporting and solutions using Microsoft and Oracle
- Agile using Dev/Ops with process automation and Water Fall SDLCs
- IT Cost transparency, Bill of IT and IT Metrics & scorecards development and implementation
- Infrastructure and data center operations
- Technical product implementations: ERP, Call Centers, VoIP, Systems Ops/monitoring, OS deployments
- IT Service Management using ITIL v3 framework
- Cloud and hybrid Cloud solutions
- IT compliance with ISO frameworks and General Computing Controls to pass inside and outside audits
- Data protection and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Team building and Off-shore labor models
- Business relationship management
First American Title Company
Vice President, Strategic Application Development & Enterprise Systems
CTO/Vice President, Enterprise Infrastructure
Neudesic Consulting, LLC
Technology Strategy Practice Leader and Principal Consultant
Pacific Life Insurance Company
Vice President and Chief Information Officer for flagship Life Insurance Division.
Notable Accomplishments with Fortune 500 companies
Creation and delivery of a complete digital and ecommerce strategy, program with transactional sales web sites, mobile applications.
- On-time delivery of hundreds of business critical projects using technology to enable business revenue / expense reduction or product delivery goals.
- Transformed a large application development organization of 650 (in US and India) using a loosely structured Water Fall with 6 month delivery timeframes to a highly efficient Agile delivery teams delivering working software in 15 – 30 days iterations.
- 95% reduction in deployment outages by designing and implementation end-to-end release management process with software deployment automation scripts and tools.
- Dramatic improvements in software quality by leading a zero defects initiative, introducing automated testing and establishing code test coverage standards.
- Improved accountability to the business with software development metrics and introducing product ownership roles within the business.
- Delivered ERP upgrade (Oracle R12) systems
- Delivery Enterprise Data warehouse solution with business intelligence using OBIEE for business executives and Microsoft reporting tools for self-service enterprise reports
- Transformed Infrastructure with Cloud solutions and automation
- Designed, implemented and ran service management program using Service Now and ITIL v3 processes.
- At Pacific Life Insurance Company he developed many innovative technology business solutions for winning new Producers/customers, bring product to market faster, Industry leading sales proposal software and award winning e-commerce platform.
- Guest Speaker University of California, Irvine MBA program 2015
- Panelist Microsoft CIO Summit 2015
- Panelist HMG Southern California CIO Summit 2013
- Session Speaker at Help Desk Institute World Wide Conference 2012
- Microsoft Products launches for Windows and Visual Studio
- Microsoft Developer Tools product team all hands meeting
- Microsoft CIO Summit 2005 Customer Key Note Address
- Russia CIO Summit 2005 Key Note Address